Toccata is a research team of the INRIA Saclay - Île-de-France research center, joint with LRI (CNRS and University of Paris-Sud), located in Orsay, France. It was created in September 2012, partly as a refoundation of the former team ProVal.
The general objective of the team is to promote formal specification and computer-assisted proof in the development of software that requires a high assurance of its safety and its correctness with respect to its intended behavior.
Click on the themes presented on the figure aside, or browse the "Research" item of the menu above, for detailed descriptions of the scientific activities the team. You can also find recent results described in the annual research report of the team in 2013.
- [Seminar] Oct 7, 2014
- Digiteo Seminar "Desperately Needed Remedies for the Undebuggability of Large Floating-Point Computations in Science and Engineering" by W. Kahan.
- [Visit] Oct. 6-7, 2014
- Visit of Prof. William Kahan, Professeur University of California at Berkeley (Turing Award 1989).
- [Defense] Oct. 6, 2014
- Habilitation defense of Sylvie Boldo, amphi bat. 660, Univ. Paris-Sud.
- [Defense] Sep. 29, 2014
- Thesis defense of Alain Mebsout, batiment 650, Univ. Paris-Sud.
- [Publication] Sep. 11, 2014
- New book (in French) "Apprendre à Programmer avec OCaml" written by Sylvain Conchon and Jean-Christophe Filliâtre.
- [Arrival] Sep. 1, 2014
- Andrew Tolmach (Portland State University, USA) starts a 1-year visitor, funded by a Digiteo Chair
- [Publication] June 2014
- Jean-Christophe Filliâtre, Léon Gondelman, and Andrei Paskevich. "The Spirit of Ghost Code. 26th International Conference on Computer Aided Verification.
- [Defense] Jun. 13, 2014
- Habilitation defense of Evelyne Contejean
- [Award] June 2014
- The proof assistant Coq receives the ACM Software System Award. Primary members of the Coq Development Team include Christine Paulin and Jean-Christophe Filliâtre from Toccata.
- [Defense] Apr. 1, 2014
- Thesis defense of Claire Dross
- [Project] Jan. 2014 The "ProofInUse" project, joint between Toccata and the AdaCore company, is selected bby the "LabCom" programme of ANR.